Thursday, January 8, 2009

Prayer and Faith

So I have this problem. I don't trust people. Like at all. Whenever someone tells me I'm pretty, or says "Good Job" I always think they are lying. I've moved alot, and have had a zillion people come and go in my life and I've just learned not to really get emotionally attatched. I've been dissapointed by almost everyone I've known, so that's why I don't trust people. But it hit me the other day. Do I really trust God? I know I believe in him and I'm so thankful for everything He's done for me, but do I really trust Him with everything that's in me? Whenever I pray, I really don't expect for what I've asked to really happen. Habbit? I think so. I set myself up for dissapointment so often that I'm starting to do that with God.

Why did the disciples and apostles and all the other believers in the New Testament have miracles happen? Why were their prayers almost always answered with a yes? It was because they prayed with faith. They knew God had the power to answer their prayers and they believed that he would. Granted, God does not always answer our prayers the way we want Him to, but we should still be praying with faith. Prayers without faith are only half-hearted prayers.

While it's good that our faith and trust shouldn't be in mere humans, we still need to have trust in God. Only He can see the big picture and we need to trust that He's got it all under control because He really does. It may feel like our world is falling apart and nothing is going right, but the Bible says he only gives us what we can handle. We may not think we can handle it, but He gives us the strength to go on when we don't have any strength left. And through our trials, we become stronger, more secure, and we aquire the ability to help those going through the same situations.

Just some thoughts swirling through my head. haha. Comment!

-Cosette

3 comments:

  1. That's a good post. I've had problems with that too. I think just about everyone has. It's hard to trust in things you can see, let alone what you can't! But we are supposed to trust God completely. It's hard to do, but it is one of my goals in life.

    I like your blog.:)

    -Emma

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hmmm,
    Yeah, I know where you're coming from. I hate being the "New girl" all the time too, It's horrible, really.
    But I get it about trust.
    I mean so many people can hurt you, and lie to you, and say all this stuff, but after awhile, it's just part of life. But we never stop to think, that the second we stop trusting people, we may stop trusting God.

    Nice post, nice blog.
    I found it through "the network".
    Ha, there is like this certain circle that we young, Christian, bloggers gravitate to. So, LOL. I love blogging, and hope you do too!
    In Christ,
    Jillian

    ReplyDelete
  3. Haha, "the network". I like that.

    Hi Cosette, my name is Melissa, I am also from "the network". :] Thanks for following my blog!

    Like Jillian said: nice post, nice blog. (And you can trust me when I say it!)

    ReplyDelete